Thursday, October 11, 2007

My 'Simple' life

Hmmm...nothing to blog about lately. I've been staying home most of the time for the past week, except when i need to buy something or when it's time to bring our rubbish to the collection point for the rubbish truck that comes at 8 pm everyday (except Wed & Sun). You will see many people gathering there waiting for the truck to come (which will blast music when it arrives). Sounds very backward, right? And you can't just dump all rubbish together in one bag, u need to separate them according to categories: left over food & kitchen waste/recyclable things like plastic & paper/other general rubbish. (Singaporeans are so lucky...)

Last weekend, typhoon Krosa visited Taiwan and wreck havoc, leaving the island in a big mess. It was a rather strong typhoon, and frankly speaking i was scared, even though i'm indoors (and hubby's not around). The wind howled very loudly, the rain was pouring heavily, our glass door and metal gate were shaking badly and even the rain shelter in front of our house came crashing down, unable to withstand Krosa's power. And then, there was power failure. Once she left, it was time to clean up the mess... (Again, aren't Singaporeans lucky?)

People asked me what I do everyday, now that i'm pregnant and not working... well, i think my greatest accomplishment is learning cooking from my MIL. She's trying to pass down her cooking skills to me so that i can take over next time and cook for hubby. I've also attended my first off-site class where she brought me to the market and i've got to remember which stalls she patronizes for buying fish, chicken, pork, veges, fruits, etc...so that next time i know where to buy what. Stressed "'.........

Ever since typhoon Krosa left, the weather has been turning cool...finally it feels like autumn~ but soon winter will come, when I will deliver little joe. Not sure how it will be like and if this is good, delivering in such a cold weather...but at least, i'm glad i'm not delivering during the typhoon season.

Now at my 3oth week, i can really feel little joe squirming alot inside my tummy. The movements are sort of different now compared to the earlier stages of pregnancy, maybe because of the limited space he can now moved in. It feels like his hands or maybe his knees, i'm not very sure about that. Sometimes, we can see one side of the tummy bulging out very obviously and we were thinking that must be his head but our friend told us that is actually his bum... hee! hubby said, next time must remember to whack his bum! ^^

2 more months to my due date. I'm starting to get nervous already. Pretty soon i need to start shopping for little joe & myself before my tummy gets too big that I won't be able to move that easily (now i'm still doing pretty fine though). All along I'm pretty determined that I will deliver my little joe via natural birth method even though i'm very scared of the process that I need to go through, and during my conversations with some gal friends lately, they encouraged me to go through c-section...hmmm...but i still think natural is the way to go, yah?

Hubby's been away on biz trip for a week now, i'm looking forward to his return this weekend...
.
.
.
.
.
.

and such is my 'simple' life :D

6 LOVE NOTES DROPPED

xiu said...

To add on to your subject.. it's a simple yet contented life. ^o^
Learn more culinary skills, i think it's quite fun to cook for someone you love and care.

Take care.. I've just called for a day (from work hor; it's a long day for today and tomorrow).. sob sob..

eve lynn said...

can't really say i'm contented yet, still adapting ^^ ..anyway, weekend is here, cheer up and jia you!~

tigger said...

Go for natural delivery if possible. It heals faster than c-section and you will be able to lose the pregnancy weight faster too.

merelycreations said...

go for natural:) dun worry too much abt the pain..got luffing gas and other painkillers mah..juz remember to deep breathe, release and push!!!! ;P

eve lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eve lynn said...

okies..since both mummies strongly recommended natural...then natural it shall be for me^^ just worried on tat day no energy to push~~~ ask my hubby to standby and pull ..hahaha...